Friday, December 21, 2012

Review: A Texan's Choice by Shelley Gray

A Texan's Choice
The Heart of A Hero #3
Shelley Gray
Abingdon Press

Pub Date   Oct 1 2012


Description:
Texas, 1874. Long ago, Scout Proffitt gave up on ever being a man of honor like his Civil War hero brother Clayton. But when Scout steps foot on the rundown remnants of the Circle C ranch, he wonders if maybe—just maybe—the Lord has something different intended for him. 

Rosemarie has lived most of her life doubting her worth and shouldering the blame for her brother’s death. But when a stranger rides onto her ranch, claiming he owns it, she suddenly is given a choice: either keep looking at the dark side of life . . . or dare to dream.

My Review:
I was hooked in the first few pages of A Texan's Choice by Shelley Gray and read it in one evening.
It is the third book in The Hear of A Hero Series and I will be going back to read the other two books in the series, A Texan's Promise (book #1 and A Texan's Honor (book #2 This one can easily stand on its own. I loved the strong character of Scout Proffitt and that he had a tender side when it came to Rosemarie. I enjoyed seeing the wonderful changes in Rose's life as the relationship between she and Scout progressed. A Texan's Choice is proof that God can change even those people that the world does not think can be changed.  This one has tough men who dream of a better life, and romance to smile about. I give this one a 5 out of 5.

I received this book from Abingdon Press and Net Galley for my honest opinion.



Shelley's bio from her site:
 I grew up in Houston, Texas, went to Colorado for college, and after living in Arizona, Dallas, and Denver, we moved to southern Ohio about ten years ago.
I’ve always thought of myself as a very hard worker, but not ‘great’ at anything. I’ve obtained a bachelor’s and master’s degree…but I never was a gifted student. I took years of ballet and dance, but I never was anywhere near the star of any recital. I love to cook, but I’m certainly not close to being gourmet…and finally I love to write books, but I’ve certainly read far better authors.
Maybe you are a little bit like me. I’ve been married for almost twenty years and have raised two kids. I try to exercise but really should put on my tennis shoes a whole lot more. I’m not a great housekeeper, I hate to drive in the snow, and I don’t think I’ve ever won a Monopoly game. However, I am the best wife and mother I know how to be.
Shelley's website

You can purchase A Texan's Choice at the below links:
B/N
Amazon
Christianbook









No comments: