Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Through Mountians Fall by Dale Cramer

Though Mountains Fall
Dale Cramer

Bethany House Publishers
Pub Date   Jan 1 2013


Description
Inspired by Actual Events!

"I want you to promise you will always be my sister."   There were tears in Miriam's eyes as their foreheads touched and Rachel whispered, "No matter what. Always."

Now in its fourth year, the Amish settlement in Mexico is thriving. But as new settlers arrive, sons and daughters marry, babies are born, and crops grow thick, a storm looms on the horizon. And Caleb Bender knows--perhaps better than anyone--that the worst of storms don't come from the western skies.   They come on horseback.   When their very existence is threatened, the Amish turn to the Mexican government for help, only to discover that the rulers of men are fickle and security is an illusion. Tried by fire and riven by war, Caleb and Domingo come to understand that the kingdom of God is not to be found in land or buildings or gold or armies, but in the hearts of peaceful men trying to feed their families.   Watching helplessly as daughters Rachel, Miriam, and Emma are drawn inexorably toward their separate destinies, Caleb is forced to confront the most important decision of his life.

My review:
I was very surprised to see that Though Mountains Fall by Dale  Cramer, Book 3 in the Daughters of Calab Bender series was set in Mexico.  I have not read the two previous books in the series, but
after reading this one will be reading those as well.  This title can easily stand on its own though. The other two book in the series are, Paradise Valley – The Daughters of Caleb Bender – Book 1 and
The Captive Heart – The Daughters of Caleb Bender – Book 2. The characters in Though Mountains Fall were well developed and even though I at times wished the Amish community would fight to protect themselves,  I understood that is not the Amish way. I enjoyed learning more about the Amish culture in the 1925 time period. This book is based on an actual Amish settlement in Mexico during that time.

This book is full of adventure and would be a great read for male readers out there also. This was the
first book by Dale I have read and I did not realize at first that it was a male author. I usually don't
read fiction books by men, but Dale has changed my mind on that score.  I recommend reading the  full series. Hats off to you Dale, this one is a winner.
I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book from Net Galley and Bethany House Publishers for my honest review.

You can purchase Though Mountains Fall at the below links:

You can read more about Dale on this website.



No comments: