Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Today's Shadow's by Becky Melby

Today's Shadows
Book #3 Lost Shadows Series
Becky Melby


Description:
Grad student Heather Conrad’s house-sitting venture is about to veer off course. When last minute changes leave Heather in charge of watching her former boss’s lakeside Victorian mansion and six-year-old daughter, Izzy, the surprises have just begun. Soon startling discoveries convince Heather that something just isn’t right around the house. As suspicions mount, Heather calls on security systems installer Ryan Tobin for help. . .then stumbles on a hidden stairway that leads headlong into a forgotten past. But what will Heather discover there that changes everything?

My Review:
Today's Shadow's by Becky Melby was a unique book that went back and forth in time to tell the story.  I was somewhat confused at the beginning, but as the story unfolded I was able to see that as
an important part of the overall story and how the past helped change the future. I loved all the discoveries Heather, Ryan and Izzy made in the mansion.  Ryan and Heather were very likable characters.  My favorite character was Izzy, because she was such an adventurous little girl who had me smiling throughout the book. I was pleasantly surprised at the ending as I did not see it coming. I enjoyed Today's Shadow's and plan to go back and read the other two books in the series.  I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.

The other two book in the Lost Sanctuary Series are:  Tomorrow's Sun and Yesterday's Sun

I received this book from Net Galley and Barbour Publishing Group for my honest review.  I was not
paid in any way for my review.


You can purchase this book at:

You can learn more about Becky and her books at her website.

No comments: